Thank you for participating in the Winter Service Project! Here are a few ways you and your family can continue to fight hunger in our community in beyond.
Long-Term Solutions to Hunger:
- Advocate. Write a persuasive letter to an elected official expressing your concern about hunger or in support of anti-hunger legislation. Tips and suggestions.
- Raise awareness. Write a letter to the editor to our local paper, The Almanac, about hunger, its causes, and what we can do as a community to fight back.
Short-Term Solutions to Hunger:
- Volunteer with or donate to organizations that fight hunger such as Second Harvest of Silicon Valley, Ecumenical Hunger Program, or Rise Against Hunger (our Spring Service Project partner).
- Organize a canned food drive or meal-kit build with your scout troop, team or faith community.
- Share food with a hungry neighbor, friend or community member.
If You Are Hungry:
- Contact Second Harvest Food Bank for free groceries and other resources. Call 1-800-984-3663 or text “GETFOOD” to 408-455-5181.
- Contact Ecumenical Hunger Program to join the“Pack the Bag” program and receive easy-to-prepare, nutritious food for the weekend. Call 650-323-7781.
- Grow your own fruits and vegetables by joining a local gardening program such as Collective Roots or Belle Haven Community Garden.
Return to Spring Service Project page.