PURPOSE: Plan and oversee the evening graduation dinner and reception and the decorations for the afternoon graduation ceremony.
The 2018 La Entrada 8th Grade Graduation Ceremony and Celebration held on campus is scheduled for Wednesday, June 6, 2018!
- Drop off graduates by 4:45pm
- Class picture at 5:00 pm
- Doors open at 5:00 pm
- There is no limit to the number of family members who may attend
- Please use good judgment if saving seats
- Ceremony begins at 5:30 pm
- Ceremony ends between 7:00 and 7:30 pm
- Graduation Dinner and Dance begins in Jensen at 7:30 pm (for graduates only)
- Graduation Dance ends at 9:30 pm
- A non-school, non-PTA sponsored Pool Party is being hosted by a group of generous 8th Grade Parents on Monday, June 4. No cost. All graduates welcome. Please sign up here.
Help support the Celebration here!
DESCRIPTION: The Graduation Ceremony, which is planned by the school administration for graduates and their families, is held on the last day of school. The Ceremony is followed by a Graduation Celebration for graduates planned by the PTA 8th Grade Graduation Committee in Jensen Hall. The gym is closed off for several days before graduation so the committee and volunteers can transform the room into a magical place for 8th graders to enjoy a final dinner and dance together. The theme is kept a secret until the students enter the gym.
In past years, there has been a high energy DJ orchestrating interactive games and playing music. There has been a photo booth and video games for those students not interested in dancing. The committee creates a “Memory Wall” which contains a photo and written paragraph about each student. 7th Grade parents volunteer at the Reception, managing the food and drink distribution. The Reception is for all graduates at no charge.
VOLUNTEER RESPONSIBILITES: Committee responsibilities include decorations for the Ceremony, decorating the Ceremony stage, planning the Celebration theme, decorations, music, food, and other entertainment, and arranging for 7th grade parents to volunteer the night of the event.
CONTACT: If you have questions, please email our 8th Grade Graduation Committee Chair, Kristin Jones.
If you’d like to volunteer for 8th Grade Graduation, please enter your contact info below.
Last updated: 04/29/18