The La Entrada PTA Nominating Committee has the privilege and responsibility of seeking eligible candidates for the elected leadership of the PTA. The members of the committee have a tremendous influence on the future of the PTA.
Over the course of a month (mid-February through mid-March) the four members of the committee will:
- Attend all Nominating Committee meetings and events (approximately four, 1.5 hour meetings and one (optional) two-hour event between February 15 and March 14).
- Reach out to their personal networks (email messages drafted by committee).
- Review and assist with the dissemination of committee messaging (may include social media posts, coordinating with Leopard’s Spot editor, preparing and distributing flyers).
- Schedule, conduct and follow up after approximately four phone and/or in-person interviews with Board candidates.
- Submit electronic interview form for review by Nominating Committee.
- Organize and host an informal informational gathering for prospective candidates.
- Select and present a slate of 10 nominees to the PTA General Membership for consideration.
CONTACT: If you would like to be part of the Nominating Committee or have any questions about this program, please email Parliamentarian, Heather Hopkins, at email@example.com.