PURPOSE: The goal of the Sister School program is to build connections between the La Entrada Middle School and Belle Haven School communities through mutually beneficial initiatives.
DESCRIPTION: Representatives from Belle Haven and La Entrada will work together to design and execute programs that serve both school communities. Goals may include:
- Exploring and celebrating the unique strengths and cultures of each school community
- Strengthening preexisting school programs
- Improving campus resources
- Enhancing students’ civic engagement skills, including volunteerism
2017-18 initiatives include:
- Augmenting Belle Haven staff appreciation efforts
- Supporting Belle Haven’s partnership with Playworks (a nonprofit that provides safe and fun recess opportunities for students)
- Ensuring both schools have well-stocked copy supplies (especially paper)
- Strategy and planning to expand community involvement and service learning opportunities for 2018-19
- Coordinate with Belle Haven administration to carry out the initiatives above.
- Create fundraising opportunities to support the year’s approved initiatives.
To support our our 2017-18 fundraising opportunities, please check out:
CONTACT: If you have any questions about this program, please email the committee chair, Carey Richardson at email@example.com.
If you’d like to volunteer for Sister School program, please enter your contact info below.
Last updated: 12/04/17