Thank you for your leadership on the PTA’s behalf this year! Here are some tips for successfully chairing your program/event:
- Connect with the prior Chair(s) for your program/event to establish a smooth transition
- Reach out to your list of committee volunteers early in the year to connect and let them know the timeframe for when planning will begin
- Some volunteers may be sensitive about having their emails shared so if appropriate use BCC
- Request volunteers to track their hours (see Tally Sheet below)
- Request volunteers to review Food Allergy Tips for Volunteers when appropriate
- Remind volunteers about submitting reimbursements before and after your event
- Consider placing announcements in the Leopard’s SPOT and on our website homepage to promote your program/event. Our Communication Policy may be a helpful guide to you and committee volunteers.
- Reach out to our Financial Secretary if you have budgeting questions
- Stay in communication with our Volunteers Coordinator if you are having difficulty recruiting volunteers
- Please coordinate any facilities needs (e.g. reserving tables, rooms, AV equipment), and for placing weekly student KPAWS videos and/or daily student announcements with School Vice-Principal, Adrienne Philippe.
- Thank your volunteers at the conclusion of the program/event!
Please submit reimbursement requests within 3 weeks after completion of a program/event to the Treasurer. If additional time is needed, please notify our Treasurer.
Reimbursement requests must include the Reimbursement Form and be accompanied by receipts showing payment. Please make a copy of your reimbursement request for your records before submission.
Return reimbursement requests to the PTA Treasurer’s mailbox in the La Entrada School office. Please consider emailing our Treasurer to let her know your request is awaiting pickup.
Reimbursements will be made as quickly as possible. Checks require 2 signatures of designated Board members and some expenses may require Board review at a monthly meeting prior to issuance.
Please notify your committee members when planning for your program/event begins as well as immediately following your program/event of these reimbursement process.
For 8th Grade Graduation, please contact the Treasurer to coordinate timely turnaround of reimbursements. The end of the school year and closing of the PTA fiscal year will require a shorter submission time and turnaround of reimbursements.
Can be requested by submitting a Request for Advancement Form.
Volunteer Hours Tally:
At the end of your event please provide a summary of who actually volunteered to support you and to the best of your ability a summary of volunteer hours for you and team. Volunteer hours are used by PTAs to raise the awareness of legislators, school, and community personnel. They also allow us to better plan and staff these events in future years. A volunteer hour tally form can be found here.
Working with Outside Vendors:
When planning an event that uses an outside vendor, all contracts must be signed by the PTA President and another Board officer with approval of the membership.
In addition, California State PTA insurance does not cover vendors/concessionaires/service providers. Consequently, all vendors/concessionaires/service providers are required to provide Evidence of Insurance to each PTA, unless annual Evidence of Insurance has been filed with the California State PTA Insurance Broker.
The vendor will be required to sign a Hold Harmless Form.
Last updated: 09/28/17